Players from other teams
- Subbing of girls from a lower division, age group or grade.
- If a team is unable to field 7 players, they may borrow from a team of a lower grade division or age group within their own club.
- The borrowing team must field at least three original players.
- The maximum number of borrowed players shall be two into any one team.
- If a registered player arrives after a subbed player has been used the original player may replace the subbed player but not until an interval (1/4, 1/2, 3/4 time). Once a registered player has replaced a subbed player that subbed player may not retake the court except in the event of an injury.
- A player can only sub up into a particular team two times. She will not be eligible to sub into the same team a third time. If she does sub a third time the borrowing team shall lose competition points awarded for that game.
- Substitutes must be written on the score sheet before the player takes the court. It is the responsibility of the coach/team to ensure that the substitute is eligible to play in that division.
- The borrowed players must be eligible to play their own game.
- Format for eligibility to sub into a team shall be: juniors/intermediate/cadet/senior. Eligibility shall be decided yearly and is presented in the table below. There is no subbing during semi’s, finals and grand finals. Rep teams may sub from squad players within their age group.
NB: If a registered team player comes late/or is injured and has already been replaced by a substitute, please indicate late/injured player with an ** on the score sheet.
Players within your own team
Netball Australia – Official Rules – Revised 2001 (pages 12 & 13)
6.1 Substitution occurs when a player leaves the court and is replaced by another player. Team changes occur when players on court rearrange playing positions.
6.1.1 Substitution and team changes may be made
(i) at an interval;
(ii) when play is stopped for injury or illness. However, in this case the injured player for whom play was stopped must be involved in that team’s substitutions and/or team changes.
6.1.2 There is no limit to the number of substitutions which can be made by a team provided that players used do not exceed the 12 named for each match.
Eligible Substitutes (players from the same club)
Please note that no 12 year old can sub to a senior division. If playing NETTA, please remember that these games are non competition, so 7s and 8s can sub amongst themselves. With inter-club cooperation you may also use players from the opposing team to make the game more enjoyable for the players.
|GRADE||ELIGIBLE SUBSTITUTES CAN BE FROM|
|13 YEARS||12B, 12C,11B, 11C, Any 10|
|12A||12B, 12C, Any 11, Any 10|
|12B||12C, 11B, 11C, Any 10|
|12C||11C, 10B, 10C|
|11A||11B, 11C, Any 10, Any 9|
|11B||10B, 10C, Any 9|
|11C||10C, Any 9|
|10A||10B, 10C, Any 9|
|10B||10C, any 9|
|9 BLUE / MAROON||Can sub among themselves, any 8 years|
|8 BLUE / MAROON / 7 YEARS||See table below|
|NetSetGo||These games are NON COMPETITIVE and are aimed at skill development. 7’s, 8’s and 9 maroon can sub among themselves With inter club co operation you may use players from the opposing team to make the game more enjoyable for all.|
Please check general information “Score Sheets” and Substitution Rules (Players from other Team) for the correct procedure when filling in Score Sheet
|GRADE||ELIGIBLE SUBSTITUTES CAN BE FROM|
|DIVISION 1||Div 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Any Cadet, Any Junior Div|
|DIVISION 2||Div 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,10, Any Cadet, Any Junior Div|
|DIVISION 3||Div 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Any Cadet, Any Junior Div|
|DIVISION 4||Div 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Any Cadet, Any Junior Div|
|DIVISION 5||Div 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Any Cadet, Any Junior Div|
|DIVISION 6||Div 7, 8, 9, 10, Any Cadet, Any Junior Div|
|DIVISION 7||Div 8, 9, 10, Cadet 2, 3, 4, Junior 2,3,4|
|DIVISION 8||Div 9,10, Cadet 2, 3, 4, Junior 2, 3, 4, 5|
|DIVISION 9||Div 10, Cadet 3, 4, Junior 3, 4, 5|
|DIVISION 10||Cadet 3, 4 Junior 3, 4, 5, 13B, 13C|
|Cadet 1||Cadet 2, 3, 4 Any Junior Div, 13, Any 12|
|Cadet 2||Cadet 3, 4, Any Junior, 13 Any 12|
|Cadet 3||Cadet 4, Junior 3, 4, 5, 6, 13, 12B, 12C|
|Cadet 4||Junior 4, 5, 6, 13, 12B, 12C|
|Junior 2||Junior, 3, 4, 5, 6, 13, 12B, 12C, Any 11|
|Junior 3||Junior 4, 5, 6, 12B, 12C Any 11|
|Junior 4||Junior 5, 6, 13, 12B, 12C|
|Junior 5||Junior 6, 12C, 11B, 11C|
|Junior 6||12C,11B, 11C|